Saturday 20 January 2007

Noites de Havana!

Bangalore



Tired of debates and arguments on defining what is Responsibility in tourism in 'local context', I decided to take off from work this afternoon. Since all my colleagues are in Kerala this weekend, I had a luxury of being alone and decided to go home and watch Dirty Dancing instead .

Gosh! How much I miss dancing!!

Last time I watched this movie was with Maya in Vienna in her apartment. I had known her for almost 6 years after we met on Internet and been good friends throughout ever since. Even during my stay in Europe, somehow we missed meeting each other many times, until last year.

After struggles of missing baggage and waiting (for a change!), when I came out of the Vienna airport, there she was; anxiously waiting. As we both expected, the meeting was so normal as if we have been meeting each other in the same town on a day to day basis!

She was tensed about her relation but crazy in love with her Cuban boyfriend! Even though we have been discussing about him many times, I wasn't sure how serious this relation was, but then it was so obvious that night when she came back dead tired after dancing the whole night and told me "I have never been so happy!"

As Javier says in the movie, "Dancing is about being exactly who you want to be in a mad moment".

(Shame that I missed their invitation to go out for a Cuban night and instead decided to sleep!).

Now they are together and she is expecting a baby in February. May be it's time to visit the lovers again in before ITB Berlin. This time at the least I will be there with a relaxed mind, unlike last time when I was struggling with my problems with J!

Here goes the lovely couple:


© GP 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Havana Nights one is a half-baked show compared to the 1987 musical

Anonymous said...

they are going to have a baby!!.. i always used wonder whether she will ever actually settle down with anyone..:)..feels good to hear that people are happy :)