Saturday 7 April 2007

Perceptions of a River



Abe asked me what images do I carry in my mind about the river. I didn't have to think much about it. It was always the slow flowing river and its golden sand bank that lit up in the moon. The river for us was also the cradle of culture and rich traditions and rituals.

Next day morning Abe send me the above image. This was the river he thought that was so much part of us. No one believed when I told them that Abe had never seen the river in his whole life before he worked on this. All he had seen was the performances of Poothan and Thara (thira) as part of Near the River initiative in Bangalore

This was the same image we later used as the cover page of The Blue Yonder brochure on Nila, titled "RIVER NILA : A river of thousand tales", along with Wayanad and Alleppey




Bangalore © GP 2007

No comments: