Wednesday 6 June 2007

The Guardian


"There are no coincidences in life. I know there is a reason behind us meeting here. Let us see what is in store for us". This is how we met in Singapore a year back during a CSR Asia meeting. The connection was instant.

We stayed in touch and then I invited him to come and attend the National symposium on Responsible Tourism in Bangalore last December. Even with with one week short notice we gave him, he took the trouble to come over from Hongkong for two days. Later he came back again to Bangalore on his new project discussions in the state and we managed to spent some time exploring various options of working together. The reason I am mentioning Andrew here is because I was so touched when I checked his website today and to see our name mentioned in his . Humbled!

Andrew calls himself as "Guardian" of Sanctuary Resorts and not as founder or Chief Executive.

He says," If I sleep and dream well in a property, I know I can be happy there, and so will our guests and staff members".

"To be sustainable, you need to be profitable, only when you are profitable, you will have the freedom and capacity to do good things that you would want to do."

When you think that this world is going crazy and that you mind not be able to withstand the onslaught, you meet someone like Andrew and feel that the world is so beautiful and that its a blessing to be surrounded by such people.

There are so many reasons to smile in life. People like Andrew being one amongst them.

An interesting posting on his website: ' I believe that we are all connected by the same Universal energy source. That when we have a thought, and put energy behind it (just having the thought is not enough), we can send it, using the connectivity to the Universal Energy Network, to another recipient. How does it work? I have no idea, I am on a fast track to enlightenment, I just know it works. Ask the people who started the Internet; they probably could come up with a better explanation.

In the meantime as we do not have these skills honed to perfection yet, if you would like to contact us by way of the “normal” means of earthbound communications, click here you will find our contact details. We would love to hear from you."

Bangalore © GP 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never told you how much i like the two resorts by Andrew Jones. If you look into the details in services and ideas mentioned it really makes me want to go and experience the places ... apart from the location and architecture of course.

Anonymous said...

I tryly wish that at least.5%f people in the travel business( or any busines) have the vision of a man like this. thanks for mentioning his name here., Good luck with your association GP