Saturday 8 March 2008

Redspective

"Recipe for something tasty:
1 Bucket of artist expression
1 Handful of brands we love
1 Tablespoon of eastern flavouring
2 Pinches of a Red past Bake briskly at high temperatures, and set to cool in the centre of Berlin."

This is 'Redspective': A designer shop in Berlin near Alexander Platz. Inspired the the history and nostalgia of the 'former Red East', this shop is now a sanctuary for East European illustrators and artists. Cynthia Carson, who spent considerable time away from her home in New Zealand learning Russian literature in Russia hit upon this idea with another German friend in last August.

Not sure if it was the nostalgia, but when I left the shop I couldn't buying a badge that was made in the 50's saying 'on the road' in Russian! I have it on my bag now. Really a cool souvenier to carry from Berlin.

More pictures posted on to my facebook album.
Berlin GP © 2008

No comments: