Saturday 25 November 2006

Research

Thiruvananthapuram

Search for good research material on Nila led me to Sujith once again. By that time, I had kind of identified my role in the whole scenario. That -

- I should let the world know about my river!

I knew I will be able to talk with passion and conviction. For this, I needed to have thorough knowledge about the river. Other than some stories that I knew since I was a kid and regular newspaper reports, there wasn't much that I could use to 'raise' this to a totally different level that I aspired.

When I came to know that Sujith had some dreams about researching the status of the river, I offered to help him financially. What we both had in our mind was a research project for an year and a half provided, regular flow of money was ensured.

For me, it was the best way to get to know the river.
I saw this as a learning experience and a wonderful opportunity to increase my knowledge base about this wonderful stretch of land in Kerala.

I had no idea how I was going to find the money and resources for this; but just knew that I was going to do it!

© GP 2006

No comments: