Wednesday 6 December 2006

Delhi

Barista
GK-II New Delhi

After resigning my job at the Prodex Technologies, I went to Tirur and stayed back home for a week or so doing nothing much. Gitu prompted me to get out of the house and asked me find out what I was looking for.

It was obvious from my parent's face that none of them were really happy about my decision of quitting the job. Tired of doing routine e-marketing stuff and nothing creative enough for some time was killing me. There was decent money, enough fun in the conventional sense, but by end of the day, there was this heavy feeling that I was wasting my life.

The last one month I was working at the Prodex, I kept on going back in my mind about the good time I had working as a volunteer at the pain and palliative care clinic and I had kind of realised that it was while "working with and working for people" that I was happy.

Considering the content feeling I had while volunteering at the Pain Clinic, I was looking for something that was similar to that experience.

That evening Arun was going back to Delhi by train to where he was working for last two years. We both went to Kuttippuram station, purchased a sleeper class ticket (at that time there was no computerised reservations and you could get train tickets just before the journey, if the quota for that station was yet to be filled in) and boarded the train.

50 hours or so later, we landed in Nizzamudhin railway station and I still remember the grey Delhi that awaited me.

Almost 7 years back!

© GP 2006

No comments: