Tuesday 5 December 2006

Low cost flights

New Delhi

Once the meetings were finalised in New Delhi, I had a look at the prices of flights from Bangalore to Delhi. Since the first meeting was at 12 noon, it was okay to leave first thing in the morning.

Options were several :

Air Deccan
Kingfisher Airlines
Spice Jet
Go Air
Indian Airlines
Jet Airways

I checked the first two. Air Deccan Rs 2,550 one way Bangalore-Delhi, Kingfisher Rs 14850. With previous experience of couple of low-cost airlines departing few hours from scheduled time, I was prepared for this delay and booked my flight for the 550am.

The previous night I got an SMS from Air Deccan telling that the flight was delayed and will leave only by 745. I checked it again only to read it as 0745PM!!

That was 14 hour delay.
Too much to expect even from a low cost carrier!

© GP 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when did u reach delhi sir?

GP said...

took the 235 spice jet to hyderabad and then to delhi from there and arrived at 630 only to sleep in the airport until 8am! btw, who is billi? GP