Friday 8 December 2006

München again!

Bangalore

Both of us gave some intense looks at each other.
Finally he budged!

He lazily went through all the pages of my passport, talked something to the woman police officer in the next counter and said,"It's okay, everything fine, you can go"

Gosh! What a character!

I was shivering so much, sweating so much and well, fuming like never before. I really felt humiliated. Anger wasn't just dying out at all. So I called up B who was in Bangalore at that time and told her about what happened.

Well, for someone who have spent so many years fighting for Turkish immigrant community in Germany, this was too much and she was on fire from the other side. She asked me to call up her friends (Human rights group, Press etc etc) in Munich an report it.

I felt good about the fact that I didn't get upset or collapse a bit, which would have been a fodder for this guy to get on me again. Actually, I felt quite proud about the way I handled the situation.

I moved on. Passed my luggage and accessories through the X-ray machine with a really tensed face (as one of my co-passengers suggested later during the flight!) and went on to the first floor for check in.

While standing there, I had the same nasty feeling once again in my mind and my eyes locked with another armed police man who was standing on the ground floor next to the x-ray machine! I wasn't sure whether he was looking at me or was just observing all around. Well, he was looking at me!

He was actually gesturing at me with his left hand while, the right hand was positioned on his AK-47 (or whatever AK it was!). I put my fingers on my chest and asked him if he was actually calling me or someone else?

He nodded and waved at me to come down!

There was hardly any time left for me to check in and I was totally clueless about why he wanted me this time for!? May be the detention that the other guy was talking about?!

Anyways, I went down. He pointed his gun towards something in the plastic tray on the officer's table next to the x-ray machine and asked me, "Is this yours?"

Yes of course.

It was my wallet!

© GP 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

after the logo design why did'nt the TBY creation continue?..:)

GP said...

:) Well, it went from one story to another. Will come back to TBY soon. G